Last night, Marissa and I took a "girls' trip" to Target. We went strictly for diapers. Really, we did. You don't believe me? Well, it was also nice to have some time to just ourselves. I hadn't realized that everywhere Marissa goes, Kyle's right there. It's sorta a no-brainer really. But I hadn't taken just Marissa somewhere with me. I had no idea she pays this much attention to things until we reached good ol Target.
Out we go, unbuckling 500 straps, getting a basket, and buckling another 500 straps. Except Marissa wants to ride in the cart part. Okay, that's fine. We start heading to the front of the store and Marissa goes from happy, singing girl to freaking out, crying at the top of her lungs girl, all in about 2 seconds. Thinking she hurt herself, I quickly stop to console her. What I hear instead is "My KYLE!!!! My KYLE!!!" The poor girl thought we left Kyle in the car. Nevermind he wasn't in the car the whole time, but according to her, a shopping trip just isn't right without Kyle is in the front of the cart. Such a thoughtful big sister! It took awhile to convince her that no, Kyle is not in the car. We did not forget him. Maybe next time, I'll take Kyle and leave Marissa home to play with daddy....
2 comments:
It is nice to go out with just one of the kids, when you have a little baby that isn't very easy. I took Sydney out for coffee one morning, I didn't even take Gretchen, we were only gone for an hour but it was really nice!
That's funny!! I can totally picture Marissa doing that:) I love when I get to take just Caitlin shopping...she loves shopping as much as her mom!!
Post a Comment