This morning both kids woke up super early (before 6) and so we had a early jump on the day. Although it was hard to wake up at first, we end up getting much more done on the days I get up earlier. So we were dressed and ready to go to town after Kyle's first nap. I decided we should get to Target before town got too busy. A trip of Target always lifts my spirits. Sad I know...
There is something about Target...is it the lighting?the smell?the Starbucks? it's probably how everything is packaged and displayed so cute and so irresitable. Ahhhh, love my Target.
Back to the reason for this post. As we were driving, Marissa decided to repeat a not so lovely word she has heard us say few times. I know, I know, you're probably thinking the "oh BLEEP" word for cow manure. Actually, she thinks "oh crap!" is hilarious. So when "oh crap" came sweetly out of her mouth, I reminded her that God doesn't want us to use yucky words. So continued my philosophical teaching of the morning...
Marissa: Why?
Mommy: Because He wants us to use right and holy words.
Marissa: Why?
Mommy: Because He wants us to glorify Him.
Marissa: Why? (sensing a pattern???)
Mommy: Because we need to be a light in this world.
Marissa: I WUUVE World!! ( I love world)
Mommy: hmmm, that's not how I intended this conversation to go
Maybe next time something will click. By the way, I was answering with whatever came to my mind at the moment.:) Anyone have any better ideas??
2 comments:
I love Target too!! I tell my kids that those are "rude" words, like stupid and hate, while they are kids they arn't supposed to say those words, they are different than words that no one should say ,taking God's name in vain. I think if it is a word the parents say it needs to make sense to kids why they can't say it. ( I admit I have been known to say a word or 2 in front of my kids that I shouldn't )
Target is wonderful! I love that place. I have a question about how to add the "Post a Comment" section on my blog. I just can't seem to find it. Can you help??? Please???
Post a Comment