I haven't posted recipes before, but today we got our first snowfall!!! Yippee! It makes the barren landscape beautiful and clean. I love it! Just don't tell my hubby:)
Okay, what does that have to do with recipes? I'm getting distracted here. Since it's literally freezing outside and hubby is outside all day, I like to make this yummy chicken soup for him on cold days. It fills him up and warms him up. And it's really easy to make. Thanks to Costco, I found this recipe on the pack of canned chicken. I like to keep a pack around for times when I don't have chicken ready and want to just be able to throw it in a recipe.
I tweaked the recipe a little to our likings. Instead of carrots, I use corn. It's more of a corn, chicken, and cheese chowder. Maybe you'd like to make this tonight for all those cold fingers and toes that need warming up!
1 can of corn
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 (10 3/4 oz) can chicken broth
2 cans of canned chicken breast (or your own cooked and shredded chicken)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium saucepan, cook corn in hot butter. I just make sure the butter is melted and the corn is coated. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Serve hot. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Sounds yummy! I will have to try it soon. Hope you guys are surviving the cold on the farm. Did you get a lot of snow? Not much here, but lots of wind!
so far, things are okay..a lot of extra work for the guys of course:( heard you got nasty wind! we have about 1/2 inch of snow that's all, but COLD...everything is dripping
Post a Comment