Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the ears have it...

A friend and I had a funny discussion today about what and how Mommys hear everything going on in their house. I thought I'd share my experience and see if any of you have this in common with me.

Since our little miss entered this world, my ears have become attuned to the slightest creak, screech, slap, what have you that this house can make. An older house probably helps the noise factor, too!

If I stand still long enough, I can figure out what room she is in, what door has closed, what toy she's playing with, etc. just by listening. This skill has become very important to the safety of our children! Each room upstairs has its own sound of footsteps, each door has it's own "thud" when closing or "squeak" when opening. Even the second stair from the top has a unique creak that my husband even remembers while growing up in this house.

I'm thankful our house has so much noise. I know exactly when Little Miss has headed to the back yard or gone into the laundry room on her way to pet (aka: torture) the kitties. I know what room she's in upstairs even when I'm downstairs.

Do you have unique noises in your house? Do they annoy you or do you like it? Tell me people, am I the only OCD one here????:)

No comments: