Sunday, September 27, 2009

September Roundup

This month sure has been busy. Each month Junior gets older, the time seems to go by faster and faster. He still feels like a little baby to us, but we are regularly reminded of his growing personality, intelligence, abilities and quirks. As you can see, he is sitting up quite well now. he can still topple over to the side after a few minutes, so it's best to keep pillows around him, but he is getting very strong and seems to love seeing the world from a new angle. His hair is coming in fast on the top and it sorta looks like a mohawk in these pictures, but that's just from the sunshine. And yes, his ears do stick out like that:) I just love his "little" ears. He is constantly receiving comments on his "red" hair, but it may turn out to be more strawberry blonde, time will tell. He is getting a top tooth in right now, along with the already bottom teeth. Poor guy had to deal with a nasty cold and teeth this past week! He was cranky, but I don't blame him - I would've been cranky too!
He continues to have rice cereal, but absolutely doesn't know what to do with real food. I've tried pears, sweet potatoes, green beans, and he just makes the worst faces. Not sure how we're gonna transition him to real food.


As you can see here, you'd think I was feeding him spinach or something:) Let's hope he's not the world's pickiest eater, cause I'm not the 24 hour buffet! Such a stinker...


Some other quirks:
he has to face forward wherever he's going, even if it's just up the stairs to naptime.
he is completely fascinated with toes and "dives" off my lap just to watch my feet.
he is absolutely mobile, but only in the rolling and pivoting fashion. I am treating him as a crawler basically because he can get across a room in no time flat!
he loves to suck his thumb as he's drifting off to sleep
he absolutely loves his sister, and loves at all her games, he puts up with a lot.
everywhere we go, someone will comment on how happy and content he is, and he really is. In the car, he just happily rides along for our errands. He loves to watch and observe everything going on around him.
he loves loves loves the kitty in the windows, just like Big Sister did!
he really likes to sleep in his own bed


Well, hopefully I'll have another post soon with Miss M.'s quirks:) She's almost 3!




No comments: