It seems I haven't much to blog about lately. Our routine has been pretty much the same each day with a few unplanned trips or surprises now and then. Then today, I started thinking about all the "firsts" we've have had this month. And there's been quite a few.
Mr. K. had his first taste of rice cereal! At last, he has joined the world of solid foods. I have to admit, I wasn't in a big hurry to start this stage....it just seemed like a whole lot of work. But, I wanted to see if he was interested. We tried a few weeks back and he gave me all sorts of expressions, like, "What is this stuff, Mom?" or "Where's the milk?" I remembered a pamphlet from the doctor's that said something about if your baby just spit it back out and didn't really look for more, he probably isn't ready. Ok, 1st attempt tried at least. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and he is all over the cereal baby! Now when he sees the spoon coming, he can't get to it fast enough. He's figured out that all those funny looking things we put in our mouths actually do taste good and it's kinda fun!
Miss M. has had her first potties and a first poo on the toilet! This is quite momumental actually! But who else but a mommy can get excited about hearing the "tinkle"? Of course, along with this big step are the first accidents around the house. I'm getting really good at cleaning up pee.
Mommy tried grocery shopping with the baby in the front pack for the first time! This was quite interesting. I found out Mr. K. loves hanging out in front, watching the world go by and catching smiles from everyone. Since I always run out of room in the shopping cart with the baby inside and the 2 year old up front, I decided to give this a try. After taking 10 minutes just to get IN the store, we were on our way. Watch out people! Grocery shopping momma coming through. If you don't move, you might get hit with spit-up! Well, I learned not to get too close to the product-babies have some fast little hands! I really don't need pork teriyaki sauce, thank you. And don't get too close to the 2 year old. She's got an all access position to brother that can be slightly dangerous. All in all, it worked out great really, and I had room in my basket to take OUT the groceries, yeah!
We went to a Children's Museum a little ways from us for the first time. Miss M. LOVED it!!! I was really impressed with this one too. Lots of things to do and space to run around. She was particularly fascinated with sticking these golf balls into shoots and sending them around tubes. I have to admit, it was pretty interesting. Next time, I'll remember money for parking, he he.
This year was the first time we didn't actually "do" anything for our anniversary, as far as I can remember. It's funny how your priorities change as you get older and have children. I was happy just spending the evening with family that was visiting and being thankful we've had 6 years together and have been so blessed already in our life together. We didn't go out to dinner or go on a little trip. Heck, I didn't even get a card this time, but it was just fine. Sometimes it's not about the things you do or get, but just being together.
I'm sure there were more firsts and lasts this month, with many more to come. It's so fun watching your children grow up and experience each new thing for the first time. Ta ta for now, time to feed the baby! have fun remembering your "firsts"!
No comments:
Post a Comment