This morning it occurred to me that I have a lot to be thankful for - A LOT! My attitude has been pretty stinky lately, and when that happens I have a hard time getting out of the "trench" of yuckiness. I struggle with focusing on all the inconveniences of life.
I guess it started with my dream last night. It was a little disturbing, but I'm pretty sure it came from a fiction book I was reading right before bed. Basically, my dream was about losing Marissa and going through her funeral and everything. It was very sobering and strange and it was a HUGE relief to wake up to normality. In my book, a little boy died in a car accident and so this must of caused my dream.
Anyways, after I woke this morning, I was reminded of all the things I need to be thankful for and not take for granted.
Instead of complaining about the toys strewn about the house, I am thankful that my kids have toys to play with and are happy, able children that are healthy and creative.
Instead of complaining about the disorganization of baby clothes, I am thankful I have more than enough to clothe my children (and most of it hand me downs!)
Instead of grumbling about the little pieces of hay and dirt that fall off my husband's clothes all over the newly swept kitchen floor, I am thankful he has work and lots of job security!
Instead of complaining about our gravel backyard and wishing for grass, I am thankful for a fenced in play yard for my daughter that amuses her all day long without the grass stains!
I am thankful for family that is close, in distance and in heart.
I am thankful for easy access to all the doctors, medicines, drugstores, etc. we may need for our children.
Instead of complaining about the crumbs, half-eaten grilled cheese and goldfish crackers under the table, I am thankful for more than enough to feed our family and that my children are indepedent and able to feed themselves (well, Marissa at this point. Kyle is a great nurser though:).
I am thankful that despite my shortcomings and failures as a sinful human, the Lord can use me to shape my children and raise them to know Him as their personal Savior. That is the greatest job of all!
1 comment:
AMEN! Thanks Theresa I was in need of a little perspective lately also... though of the job of wife and mommy can wear us out.. there is SO much to be thankful for :)
Post a Comment