Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I think these seeds are on steriods...

Every spring I have high hopes for my "garden" and usually get a couple seed packets. Well, this year, feeling good and all, I decided to really get on the ball early and get some seeds started inside. I knew Miss M would get a kick out of growing something this year, so we painstakingly planted each seed in these trays the other week. After they were planted and watered, she was done. Couldn't care less about those poor seeds. That was fine, because I knew how surprised she would be when they sprouted.

In a week or two, so I thought.


Less than a week later, our sunflower seeds emerged in a hurry and haven't stopped since!! I seriously cannot believe how fast they are growing. I have to transplant them already and start new ones.

You're probably wondering how I work my magic, right? Ha, I have a little secret:)
One of the benefits to living on a farm right next to a digester is having a huge pile of digested cow poop sitting within walking distance of your backyard. This stuff is crazy potent people!
Hopefully I'll have updated pictures later in the summer to see how these things all turn out!


1 comment:

McJason's said...

crazy potent...that's funny! yay for poop. :)