Thursday, October 14, 2010

What I'm crazy about...

My newest hobby is taking pictures! I got a Canon Rebel about a year ago and had absolutely no idea what I was doing with it at first! Over this past year, though, I've learned lots of aspects of photography and how to use my camera in many different ways. I love to practice on my kids, trying to capture just the right expression at the right moment. It's a fun challenge. Below are just a couple of pics from friends. I've been practicing on friends and family lately and learning something new each time I take a photograph. If you would like me to take photographs of your children or family, I'd love to get more practice!

Our farming friends.....I love old trucks!




Sweet little 3 month old Reese!





4 comments:

Rachael said...

Great pics! Isn't it fun figuring out your camera. Do you shoot in total manual mode? I started in Program mode, then played with AV & TV and now can do manual. Although it gets tricky with kids who move a lot. Glad you are enjoying it. It's fun playing with the editing too :)

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 5 said...

Your pictures turned out great! I wish I had more time/desire to learn to be a better photographer. I've tried editing a few pictures before, but don't have the patience to do it very often!
Praying all goes well as you start you new diet and treatments!

Jamie Lynn said...

NICE work, Theresa! What great pictures!

Theresa said...

Thanks gals! Rachael- I finally learned how to shoot in manual, but it gets tough when shooting busy kids:) I've been using Av lately, much easier! I love editing, it can make a mediocre picture fabulous...I like your pics too!