Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where have I been??

Oh my poor blog....you have been neglected! I realize that my posts have been few and far between lately....I haven't had much for creative juices flowing and with a now WALKING 1 year old and 3 1/2 year old getting into all sorts of mischief, I'm plumb tuckered out by the end of the day!! But I feel bad for those of you who check this to keep up with the kids (hi Becky and Rod!)

Well, like I said, Mister K is now a walker!! Within a week, he decided to go from just a few steps here and there to cruising across the room, even balancing pillows! He's so proud of himself and it's so darn adorable to watch his little chubby legs toddle him around the house. He's very happy, and sissy seems to play with him more now that he is upright.

Spring/summer work has started on farm, and though I'm not nearly alone as my dear sister-in-law (you know who you are) the days get long and I miss having the hubby around less than usual. I'm pretty spoiled with having a husband whose job allows him to pop in a lot though. My situation could be much harder, so I must look at the positive! Grass cutting and silage is busy underway, 2nd cutting. The field guys have been busy working up the fields and Uncle J. has planted the corn. The kids and I see the baby corn stretching up to the sky as we take our walks. Speaking of walks, yesterday we got to witness a helicopter take off and land right next to the road as we walked! The kids just loved watching it and so our walk had many starts and stops.

Our deck is a good place for the kids to play on nice days. Mister K loves to push his walking toy round and round and sissy chases him, which makes him laugh a big belly laugh:) The cats are ever watchful for the back door to open and try and sneak in the house. They quickly meet my foot and a loud "OUT". Grrrr.....problem is, Miss M thinks the cats are her personal play things, who will take any sort of proding and poking. Poor things, they never learn.

Miss M is obsessed with stoplights and stop signs whenever we're in the car. She's always yelling out a spotted light, so I guess I have a "backseat driver" now! She's extremely observant about the people we see and asks me all sorts of questions about what they're doing and where they're going, if they are going to their mommy, etc. I do a lot of explaining in the car. I try to listen to music, but most of the time, she can override it:) Another quirk of our little miss is her beloved "Boppy". Her sweet little pink lamb must go everywhere we go now: car, grocery store, stroller, you name it, she's gotta come!

As for me, I've been spending my free time (?) having playdates, drinking coffee, and taking pictures of friends. I'm trying to keep up with my yard, but with all the rain lately, it's been discouraging. I'll need to do another round of all the flower beds once again. Eric's park and recreation basketball league has taken a vacation for the summer. He really enjoys playing bball once a week and it's good for him to get out and do something for a change, even if it leaves me alone. Thankfully, most games fell on a Thursday night, so I head to my parents for the afternoon/evening and come back late with the kids in jammies.

Well, can't think of much else! Hope to see you soon again:) T

1 comment:

Becky White said...

Thanks for mentioning us in your blog. Yes we do love to find out what everyone is doing on the farm and watching those little ones grow.